Infection Control Annual Statement 2019/2020
The annual statement will be generated each year in October. It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and action taken (these will be reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure).
- The annual infection control audit summary and actions undertaken.
- Control risk assessments undertaken.
- Details of staff training with regards to infection prevention and control.
- Details of infection control advice to patients.
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines.
The Warders Practice Lead for Infection Prevention/Control is Sallie Stevens (HCA), who is supported by the Partners and Wendy Fenn, Practice Manager.
This team keep updated with infection prevention and control practices and share necessary information with staff and patients throughout the year.
In the past year October 18 to October 19 there have been no significant events that related to infection prevention and control.
An Infection Prevention and Control Audit was carried out in by the Infection Prevention and Control lead, Sallie Stevens. A Waste Audit was carried out by an independent adviser in December 2018.
8 new staff joined the practice in the past 12 months and received infection control and prevention training within three months of employment. All toilet facilities have hand washing instruction signs. Staff update their training annually and a log is kept by the Practice Manager.
Infection Control Advice to Patients
Patients are encouraged to use the alcohol hand gel/sanitiser dispensers that are available throughout the practice.
Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
Documents related to infection prevention and control are reviewed in line with national and local guidance changes and are updated 2-yearly, or sooner in the event of new guidance.